Monday, November 9, 2009

Do I have to?

My sister and niece Jessi have been telling me that it is time to take down my Halloween decorations. I don’t know why they are in such a rush. It is still early November. And I am still enjoying having the Halloween decorations displayed, especially since they aren’t displayed for that long. And Jessi did such a great job of decorating.

The fireplace niche displays my collection, of, hmmm, I guess you would call them baskets since they have a handle. I'd never use them for a basket. The sconces are also decorated.


Here's a closeup of the "baskets."


The sconces are decorated with black cat napkin rings I bought on sale from Pottery Barn years ago. And one has Count Sockula.


I also have a porcelain "basket" with a collection of glass pumpkins.


On the piano are the Halloween candy boxes I bought on a trip to Whidbey Island. I was going to give one to a friend for her birthday, but couldn't part with any of them.


The candlesticks are decorated.


So is the lamp.


This year Jessi also used Martha Stewart Living patterns to make some decorations. I think they turned out great.


And don't forget this couple. I found them a few years ago at Safeway. I didn't expect to find something so cute at a grocery store.


I will miss all the Halloween decorations. Until next year.


No comments: