Sunday, April 1, 2012

BOM Hall of Shame

Hi. My name is Helen and I am a BOM-aholic. Maybe  it is more accurate to say that I am a recovering BOM-aholic since I am now participating in just one BOM. But it has been very difficult to restrain myself.

When Sinta announced she was starting BOM Rehab it seemed perfect for me because I am so weak when it comes to BOMs. But it also made me wonder just how many BOMs I have joined, which meant I had to count them. It wasn't easy because they are stashed in a few places. I counted 14 BOMs. They fall in a several categories:

  • Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery BOMs (2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012).
  • Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs: Le Jardin, Pumpkin Hill, Rabbits Prefer Chocolate, Baltimore Bunnies, and A Tisket, A Tasket.
  • Robyn Pandolph's With Willing Hands: Mystery Quilt, and Botanika.
  • Jan Patek's Girl Gang: Pokeberry Quilt, Feathered Star, and Sunshine on My Shoulder.
  • Fons and Porter's Scrapbag Star (my first BOM started in 1999). 
Right now I am not ready to share how much I have accomplished on those BOMs.

One thing is for sure: I am not going to start any more applique BOMs until I finish at least one.

I am looking forward to making some progress on my BOMs and seeing the progress made by other participants.

1 comment:

lissa said...

Helen
You could be in a lot worse types of rehab.